Re: svg degrades to gif/jpg

Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

> I just wonder why people want to support non-standard type="image/svg+xml"
> I understand that Adobe introduced this non-standard "image type", but this
> is some kind of trick like Microsoft did to tie people to Windows.
>
> type *is* "image/svg", not "image/svg+xml" or "image/svg-xml!" !
> Please do not support such broken practice!

"1.2 SVG MIME type, file name extension and Macintosh file type" of
SVG 1.0 Recommendation [1] says:

   The MIME type for SVG is "image/svg+xml" (see [RFC3023]). The W3C will
   register this MIME type around the time when SVG is approved as a W3C
   Recommendation.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/intro.html#MIMEType

Regards,
--