Re: Disability statistics

In a message dated 12/15/01 9:27:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Denise_Wood@operamail.com writes:

> "Hey, web design companies - if you write accessible HTML you can extend
> your
> client market to include xxxxxx people with disabilities as well as
> increase
> your prospects for securing government contracts !"

       Right...but how many companies are going to want to chase after the
small number of people that are actually afflicted (for lack of a better
word) with those disabilities, or severity thereof, that actually affect the
use of the web?

       Furthermore, nobody teaches accessible web design. No college student
I know taking IT-related major with a web concentration has to learn
accessible web design. And after college...why would the developers want to
take the time learning something that after one or two projects is going to
be useless?

       John