From: "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>
To: "Scott Luebking" <phoenixl@sonic.net>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd from CHI-WEB: Amazon's version for the Visually
Impaired

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Scott Luebking wrote:

> From:    jernu@VISUALFRIENDLY.COM
> Subject: Amazon's version for the Visually Impaired
>
> When we saw it we (the usability team) say :
>
> We ask on a french list for the blind what they think about this site,
> the way it is designed and is utility... For the moment, we are very
> surprised by the answers ! Blind people do not find it so efficient :
>
> What do you think about that ?  It seems that the text only version is
> preferred because much more informations are presents !
> Someone has tested this version ?

I tried it searching for a book that I had found on the main site (with
user difficulty but not search problem) and it could not find the book.

so it apparently is not as effective in finding things. in fact I found
several books using the same search "words" on the main site and only
one
on the accessible site (and not the one I was looking for)

just the results of my one try.

I will probably still struggle along on the regular site, or as I
usually
do, just go to a "brick" store

> PS : I am french, please excuse my english ! :)

wish my french was as good as your English

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
    NO MSWord docs in e-mail                    Access Systems,
engineers
*#*#*#
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privledged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender
as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.
Thanks