Re: Alternate tag of "tabindex", for Netscape

"jonathan chetwynd":
> On Saturday 24 November 2001 01:05, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> > Jonathan is right that it is not possible to put a tabindex on an img
> > element.

It's a definate oversight in the event binding this (IMHO of course) It
causes an device independance problem - you can interact with the mouse
with just about all elements in the DOM (onclick/onmouseover/onmousedown
etc.) yet there's no way of providing keyboard input to anything but what
you can tab to which doesn't include all elements.

One thing I'm looking at currently is interfaces for various reports,
that are more friendly, I'd like users to be able to go through their
document and be told on each element any problems (currently validation,
but in future all accessibility ones.) However due to the fact there's no
way to create a DI version of this (in all but IE, which has taken a
sensible DI approach to tabindex), I have barriers, I'll be requiring a
mouse.

> Win'98 IE6 does kind of support this, and I'm assured winXP does even
better.

There really should be no difference, I'm struggling to find why...

Jim.