Re: Policy on Web accessibility

Craig,

You might want to also take a look at the draft
Implementation Plan for Web Accessibility
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/impl/
which the Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG)
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/
is currently working on. Note also the expanded detail available in each
section.

Sounds like that resource might also be helpful for the discussions you're
in right now, even though still in draft form.

There are also some other draft resources linked from the implementation
plan outline, such as how to set up an organizational policy on Web
accessibility, how to set up internal training, do evaluations of Web
sites, set up on-going monitoring, etc. These are listed under "Key
Resources" in the document.

EOWG feels that this "Implementation Plan..." is a few steps away from
sending to the WAI IG for review. But you're welcome to prowl around in
EOWG space, and to comment on or contribute to the documents as they develop.

In addition, we would like to move the business case forward (we are
splitting the development of the business case resource suite and the
implementation plan resource suite into two different suites), and once
developed, that suite would probably be helpful for the kind of situation
you describe. But with the exception of the (auxiliary) "Benefits"
document, which recently went to the WAI IG for review (and which we're now
revising)
http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/benefits
-- and which by no means portrays a comprehensive business case for Web
accessibility, that resource suite has been proceeding more slowly.

- Judy

--
Judy Brewer  jbrewer@w3.org  +1.617.258.9741      http://www.w3.org/WAI
Director, W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative