Re: ASCII Ribbon Campaign

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> > it's not proportionally spaced
>
> So it's ASCII art which relies on a particular font on a particular
> system?  so in other words it works for no-one.

no should be accurate on any non proportional font

> > it is auto added
> You're in a position to do that, if you want, I can forward every message
> to him saying I'm not the named person etc. etc., but that would probably
> make you look foolish...

knowing boss I tend to think he would think you foolish but......

> If I wished to stop it, I would use my mailserver to either strip
> attachments with a message returned explaining this, and pointing perhaps

it is set up that way now but trying to head em off at the pass

> > it hopefully adds or rather eliminates some of the "stuff" in replies
>
> So nothing in respect to the discussion on a public mailing list where
> attachments are rare, and the posters are generally not "all these
> newbies" who you are targetting at.

this mailing list is the exception not the rule... I am always getting
this stuff from other mail lists.

also at least one list I am on is considered confidential and keeping a
archive is verboten there so it is a reminder

Bob

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks