Re: ASCII Ribbon Campaign

"Access Systems"
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Kelly Ford wrote:
>
> > You could:
> >
> > 1. Eliminate the ASCII in your signature.
>
> well it's a part of the ASCII signature

but it's complete gobbledygook to a very large proportion of those people
reading,those of us who use proportional spaced fonts, aswell as those
we're already discussing.  I'll certainly switch to proportional to see a
table or similar, but I won't for some art in a signature, and can't
imagine many others will either.

> > 3. Ensure that the ASCII art was always the final item in your
message.

> gets back to the boss wanting the legal part last?!

You need to stop adding it to mailing lists, or make it make sense when
posting to mailing lists, it makes your company appear silly to me, and
it would suggest that the various mailing list archives shouldn't include
your posts as that is against the disclaimer - is this what you really
want?

> > I say this not to start a debate but at least for me the fact that
I've had

> no important debate, question is how to solve it (for me would be the
same
> as for everyone else)

Use a proper Signature Seperator, this will allow intelligent software to
hide your signature, and just as importantly not quote it in every reply.
Then in mailing lists etc. keep it short, is it necessary at all - what
does it add to the discussion? is it just a distraction that makes your
content less accessible?

Jim.