Re: How to Complain to a Webmaster

"Kynn Bartlett":
> At 11:24 AM 10/31/2001 , Jim Ley wrote:
> > > Also, you typically send it in postal mail, not email!
> Why do you feel post is the appropriate format?
>
> Email from unsolicited sources is sooooo easily ignored.  Paper
> letters work better.  Feel free to argue and disagree with this
> as well; I won't say anything more on the topic other than to
> say this is truth

It has much truth in it, but why not start with e-mail, we know it's more
convenient, it also is generally read by the relevant person who then
gets to judge on its relevence, rather than getting filed in the bin, by
the PA, certainly follow up with a letter if your e-mail doesn't generate
a response, but I feel it makes sense to start by e-mail.

> We differ on strategy, so there you go.  I'm not likely to change
> my strategy especially on the word of someone lacking experience and
> ability; likewise, I suspect you'll blow off what I wrote since it
> doesn't fit with your brand of frontier justice.

Frontier justive?  I'm somewhat confused as to what gave you that
impression, I just feel it's important to include those with the control
of the budget to get a site made accessible included in the discussion -
it's certainly worked in my experience, where I've had success in
changing javascript which makes sites inaccessible better.

I also find it somewhat insulting for you to twist my words that say I do
not have the experience or ability to write a "how to complain document"
to make out I'm generally lacking in both.

Jim.