RE: Screen readers

At 11:30 AM 10/30/2001 , Harry Woodrow wrote:
>Home page Reader is nice and rather effective but it comes at a cost.  Many
>(Most?) blind people who use the web seem to use screen readers which can
>read the text off the screen but with some constraints.

I don't recommend Home Page Reader to blind people -- nor do I _not_
recommend it.  I am not qualified to recommend assistive technology
tools to people with disabilities, and so I steer far clear of doing
so.

However, what I _am_ qualified to do is to tell web developers which
tools will help improve their web site, and HPR is an invaluable
aid in that respect if used correctly, and that is the audience for
whom I am recommending the product.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>