From: Kynn Bartlett
To: Debi Orton
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Sent: 10/30/2001 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: OT (slightly): Salt Lake '02 Webmaster: Inaccessible site

This all still really bothers me.  I dislike the use of the WAI lists
in this manner -- finding and identifying and shaming creators of bad
sites in public -- because I think it weakens our case if we become a
virtual lynch mob rather than a useful educational resource.  We can
get more done if we help and teach rather than if we attack and
condemn.

I don't disagree that this person could use some accessibility
training, but I don't think it's good for anyone to have their flaws
as a web designer publicly "exposed" or debated in a forum such as
this, unless they specifically request a critique or assistance.  It
only makes _us_ look bad, and makes _them_ less likely to listen to
us.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>