Re: Which popular Web search engines are used among people with disabilities?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Phillip Pi wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Patrick Burke wrote:
> > At 11:28 AM 10/6/01 , Phillip Pi wrote:
> > >Would I assume Google search engine used often because of its simple Web
> > >design? I wonder if there was a study on this. I look forward to receiving
> >
> > That's certainly one reason for Google's popularity. But equally or more
> > importantly, it gives the best results (with least thought/effort put into

> Patrick, what about people with disabilities with screen readers? Does
> Google do very well? What about other popular search engines? Thanks.

I generally am running LYNX and I have found Yahoo to do a reasonable
job.  will sometimes drop to Alta Vista but usually can force Yahoo to
give me what I want.

of course just because I can find the link doesn't mean it is accessible
when I get there?!

Bob

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks