Re: AccessiBlog updated

Ah, Kynn and Chaas, the Peacemakers! And Chas made some interesting points.
I will be curious to know when Lisa's and Jonathan's stuff will be added.

Kynn, teachers are not usually overly fond of class clowns. They waste a
lot of class time, and often keep a teacher from meeting everyone's needs.
And, to be perfectly honest, what I enjoy most about teaching elementary
children (other than their openness to all learning) is that they generally
are still free of 'tudes .... 'Tudes are tolerable, but they waste a lot of
time.

 From Joe's use of Blog to describe both his list of resources and his
in-process book, I suspect Blog is an index to his work with a few other
pieces thrown in to round out what he hasn't written yet ...  Joe?

I do think Joe understood that when I said his site wasn't useful, I meant
it wasn't useful to me because it wasn't a source of information I'd be
referring folks to.

         Oh, Kynn, did you look at that picture of Joe on his page? He's a
bottle blonde for sure! <grin>

                                         Anne

At 08:42 AM 9/24/01 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

>See, the whole problem here is that you took Joe Clark's tongue-in-
>cheek boasting seriously.  If you take Joe a lot less seriously --
>think of him as the class clown out to get attention, who still
>manages to produce useful stuff -- then you don't have these problems.
>
>You read claims like "I know the most in the world about accessibility"
>or "nobody else is as great as me" or "this is the most complete
>site" or "they all got it wrong, I'm the only one who knows the
>score" as just part of the classic Joe Clark 'tude.  Just shrug and
>say "oh that wacky Joe, let's go see what he's really got for us"
>and ignore the rest of it.
>
>Because Joe really _does_ produce some great and useful stuff, and
>it's even more useful if you learn to employ appropriate mental
>filters.
>
>(Note:  You can probably do this with many other people, and thereby
>increase their usefulness also.  Me too, for example!  Although I am
>too close to myself to be able to tell you what's the right filter.)
>
>--Kynn
>
>--
>Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
>Technical Developer Liaison
>Reef North America
>Accessibility - W3C - Integrator Network
>BUSINESS IS DYNAMIC. TAKE CONTROL.
>http://www.reef.com

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com