  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Demonpenta2@aol.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 11:26 AM
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Subject: Re: PDF Files and Copyright

  In a message dated 9/4/01 12:40:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
  Cynthia.Waddell@psinetcs.com writes:

       Hello,
    I thought it might be interesting to point out that in the US our
copyright
    law says that it is not an infringement of copyright law to provide the
    published work in an accessible format.  In particular, I am referencing
    section 121 which was added to our copyright code in September 1996
under
    Public Law 104-197, 110 Stat. 2394, 2416.

         Interesting...Then, why do RFBD and the like have to do their stuff
  with special equipment and such? (RFBD does their tapes on 2-track
recorders,
  instead of more common 4-track.)

         John