From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew Arch
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 07:10
To: Graham Oliver; Kynn Bartlett
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: AccessKeys and what to use

From a practical point of view, because everyone implements a different
set
of AccessKeys, we have found that the blind staff and clients at Vision
Australia Foundation tend not to use them. They can't rely on on a
consistent combination being the home-page key for instance from site to
site, eg Alt-0, like they know that Ctrl-P is the print key with in
_any_
Windows application.

IMHO it will only work, and be widely adopted and utilised, when we can
get
some sort of standard for what a (minimum) set of AccessKeys correspond
with.

Andrew