RE: final report of the Web-Based Education Commission

PDF's use depends upon your business requirements.  NOT everyone has a need
for it. however, there are great usages for it.  Espscially to collate
multiple formats into one document and to ensure documents are printable
across multiple printers and it is device independent where you just need
the reader.

adobe has worked hard to educate the community on the base documents's
accessibility needs in that if the document is generate properly then it
will convert easily to PDF for viewing and reading as well as converting to
text or HTML.

unfortunately the blame is attributed to PDF, when the web masters could
have easily offered mulitple fomrats for example, posted a text and the
document in its native format.

i also wonder if the native document was proplery constructed with the use
of headings?

it is still going to take web folks and agencies time to procure the proper
tools and to be educated on the process so it becomes second nature.