Re: Site Maps and Screen Readers

Acrobat Reader is a browser, although it browses PDF documents, and only
version 5 (I think) has connectivity for screen readers. But running
documents through html2ps and opening them in PDF is (admittedly a
resource-intensive) possibility for getting this functionality in your
existing system.

Cheers

Charles

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  > A JAWS user I speak to says he is unware of any
  > functionality that allows him to navigate via
  > headings.

  Why should this be limited to screen readers?  Amaya is the only
  browser that I know of that recovers the heading tree (which is not
  a subset of the document tree).  html2ps (as used to prepare the
  PDF version of the HTML and CSS2 specs) also does, but isn't a
  browser.