RE: Bulk use of accessibility checkers and other auditing tool

FYI.  We, at NIST, have been following the development of EARL and are going to
try a couple of examples of the output of our WebSAT tool ( that does some
usability checking) represented in EARL   The Common Industry Format for
Reporting on User Tests (from the IUSR project, another project in my group) is
a format for report on testing that a usability engineer does with users, not
for automated checking, so the format contains information such as the user
demographics, the tasks, the metrics (such as time on task, and number of
errors), the data collected about these metrics,etc.  So, the CIF reports more
on the process and data analysis from testing with users.  You can read more
about it at http://www.nist.gov/iusr  and please feel free to email us for more
info. on the CIF.  I'm not sure what the synergy would be except that something
analogous could be build to report on testing for accessibility, but to report
on the output of automated tools testing, say 508, would be very different that
anything in the CIF.  Sharon

Quoting karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov: