Re: !title, !alt Re: Tooltips in HTML

see also

 Fwd: dhtmlai focus group? Re: does tabbing raise an alt tag?

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-tech-comments/2001Jul/0003.html>htt
p://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-tech-comments/2001Jul/0003.html

for some more on status and prospects on this issue.

Al

At 04:31 AM 2001-07-26 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Well, what iCab does (for mouseover) is to present something like:
>
>title-value link to href-value in the window status - this could be done in
>the same way as I proposed, by adding a bit more.
>
>I agree that it isn't a universal solution, the universal solution is to fix
>the browsers. As you pointed out, that takes a long time. I looked a bit into
>Mozilla and it looks like it is not a complex programming job but requires
>complex background knowledge I don't yet have. However, it should be possible
>to fix that browser quite fast. I have taken this project to the evaluation
>and repair tools group list, but I would suggest that without some input they
>are not going to solve it by magic <sigh/> since they don't have a lot of
>spare time.
>
>The start of the thread in the ER group (in case anyone else here wants to
>keep following it) is at
><http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Jul/0047>http://lis
ts.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Jul/0047

>cheers
>
>Charles
>
>On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>
>  window.status is already used to present the link or href value
>  Charles wrote
>
>  so this might work for an individual site, but is not a great universal
>  solution.
>
>  jonathan chetwynd
>  IT teacher (LDD)
>  j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
>  <http://www.peepo.com/>http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still
the
best picture directory
>  on the web"
>

>--
>Charles McCathieNevile
<http://www.w3.org/People/Charles>http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61
409 134 136
<http://www.w3.org/WAI>http://www.w3.org/WAI    fax: +1 617 258 5999
>Location: 21 Mitchell street FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia
>(or W3C INRIA, Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France)