From: "Jamie Mackay" <Jamie.Mackay@mch.govt.nz>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 12:50 AM
Subject: hiding accessibility features

I know we've had the discussion about why we should not make things
disappear by having the same background and foreground colours, but what
about using CSS {display:none} to 'hide' things like 'skip navigation'
and 'D' links?

Is this an acceptable way of adding accessibility features to a page
without creating ugly distractions for sighted visitors?

Jamie Mackay