Re: Other browsers, etc...

Suzanne,

This is not meant as a criticism but rather an explanation.

JAWS is not a browser.  It is a screen reader and is in fact one software
package of several in the category.

I point this out because the results you obtain with JAWS or another
screen reader or any accessibility software for that matter will depend
heavily on which browser you are using in conjunction with the
accessibility software.

Most assistive technology is tuned to work with Internet Explorer at this
point and time.  Some other screen readers to be aware of (this is not
comprehensive) are Window-Eyes <http://www.gw-micro.com>, Window Bridge
<http://www.synthavoice.com> and a couple different options detailed at
<http://www.humanware.com>.

The best resource to learn about screen enlargement products is at
<http://www.magnifiers.org>.

There are also dedicated talking web browsers like IBM's Home Page Reader.
Details on this are at <http://www.ibm.com/able/hpr>.

I believe that the WAI pages also list alternative browsers, although I
don't have the specific URL in front of me.

Kelly