Re: Animated GIFs and accessibility guidelines

At 08:52 AM 2/15/2001, ADAM GUASCH-MELENDEZ wrote:
>Animated GIFs shouldn't be a problem, since they can be stopped by any
>browser that can display them (at least among the major browsers - I'm not
>sure if this is true for WebTV or other "internet appliances").

I dunno, I feel that only "stop" and "restart" are not sufficient
interface controls _if_ the GIF is going to be used to display
information, especially textual information.  I think that's the main
problem with the Bobby sponsor GIF.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison