From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 9:00 AM
To: David Clark
Cc: wai-ig list
Subject: RE: Methodology

I would add to this three things:

One, there is a draft document being worked on by the Education and Outreach
group describing the process - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/Review -
which
has been let lie for a wile, is in very draft stage, and probably requires
reading the background material linked from it, and the Evaluation and
Repair
Tools group - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG - spends their working time on the
question.

Two, it is also a good idea to look at a site in a graphics browser and
compare the inforamtion with what you get from Lynx or home page reader -
there are still pages out there that seem accessible because you don't find
out that you didn't know what you were missing. Similarly there are features
such as accesskey which are implemented in only a few browsers, but which
are
worth checking for. (I use iCab, which doesn't implement any method for
activating accesskey as far as I can tell, but puts a little marker to
identify wht the key is).

There is a list of tools that the Evaluation and Repair Tools group
maintains
which provides links  to a number of handy things. It is worth keeping up to
date with that list (and asking for stuff to be added if it isn't there).

cheers

Charles McCN