RE: Section 508 article on CNN

At 12:24 PM 6/18/2001 , Jim Thatcher wrote:
>In contrast to your evaluation, Kynn, I think the CNN article was unusually
>well written, stressing a very important aspect of the Section 508
>legislation, namely the effect it has on companies in general, not just on
>their sales to the government.
>The phrase "so called Section 508" is appropriate in such an article - It is
>indeed a strange name for a law.

The phrase is odd, though.  And there are a number of points such as
describing the need to immediately recode 1,000 pages...

>I am hardly an apologist for the press or CNN in particular. I am, however,
>an apologist for Federal workers that have put 508 on the books and have
>drafted the standards that are the foundation for Section 508 accessibility.
>A very small band of these dedicated Federal employees work tirelessly to
>support Section 508. They deserve our public praise and admiration.

What does that have to do with the news report or my criticism of
CNN's reporting?

(I realize, of course, what it -does- have to do with, but this is
not the place to rehash old arguments.)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>