From: Davey Leslie [mailto:davey@inx-jp.org]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 3:52 AM
To: Charles F. Munat; 'Kynn Bartlett'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Politics: Strict Guidelines Considered Harmful

Hi, all!

In the spirit of "Fools rush in..." I offer my two small squirts of gasoline
to this pretty little fire:

Charles:
I think you've gone a bit off the deep end about Kynn stating his desire for
a looser and more achievable set of Guidelines. Of course, I could be wrong,
but, it seems to my pointy little head that he wasn't issuing a unilateral
decree to which we must adhere. The last time I was in U.S. of A., I think
you guys called it an 'opinion' or something like that.

Kynn:
Your Avoidance Theory of Web Design is clever but, to paraphrase Jessie
Jackson, "doesn't pass the smell test."

At least, so it seems to my pointy little head.

Your Pal,
Davey Leslie
--
"Keep your monkey up!"