Re: Selecting font family

Please read the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines draft which is
currently in
Last Call.

If what it says there don't address this issue adequately, please holler.

Where the font family causes a problem, the user should have an expeditious
way
to gain relief.  But hopefully that doesn't require denying the author access
to fonts in styling.

Al

At 02:15 PM 2000-11-02 +0000, Brian Kelly wrote:
>On a related topic.
>
>If an author specifies a font family using CSS, I understand that it is not
>possible for an end user to change the font easily - the user must have a
>local CSS file available (which I suspect not many do) and know how to
>choose it.
>
>Does specification of a font family cause accessibility problems?
>
>Should font families (e.g. Times, Arial, etc) be omitted from CSS (as I have
>heard suggested)?  Or would this be unacceptable for those concerned about
>the design, and possibly case accessibility problems for users who don't
>know how to change the default settings?
>
>Or am I mistaken in how CSS values can be changed?
>
>ta
>
>Brian
>Brian Kelly
>UKOLN