Re: A new iconography? (was:How to convince businesses to be accessible...)

Anne L. Pemberton wrote:

> Then why the problem over word art. If the alt tag is there, it seems there
> is no issue. Whether or not it is "appropriate use" is decided by the user.
> The user can always leave a page if it isn't to their liking!

And that's exactly how commercial sites discriminate against classes of
user, they simply make it unrealistically difficult for those users
to access the site.  If such users have little commercial muscle, they
will find all sites blocked the same way.

I'm not going to go over the other points as I don't think anything I
say on this round will significantly change anyone's position.