Re: A new iconography? (was:How to convince businesses to be accessib le...)

David,

	I disagree. I feel that in the case of persons whose disability includes
cognitive limitations, accessibility means they should have the full
content conveyed ... full content meaning both text and
graphics/multi-media ... A text without supportive graphics should be
considered an incomplete page, not yet accessible to all the PWD's whose
"buying power" is promised.

	I do not think it's reasonable to draw an arbitrary line dividing disabled
web users into those who will be accommodated under accessibility
guidelines, and those who will be ignored or ghettoized.

	I thought it interesting that the language you chose to illustrate
"foreign languages" is normally used as  graphics rather than as
"characters".

				Anne

At 09:44 AM 10/7/00 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

>comprehention and accessability are two separate issues as I was trying
>to point out in my example with a foreign language.

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling
apembert@crosslink.net