RE: PDF Alternatives?

> From:	Joyce Kennedy [SMTP:joycek@usm.maine.edu]
>
> Question:  Is there an alternative format which could  be used for
> creating electronic forms that would be  more easily accessible to all
> potential users of those  forms?

	[DJW:]  The scanning is the problem, not the use of PDF.
	(I believe Adobe have tools for maintaing PDF files which
	contain a scanned image for exact reproduction and a text
	version for cut and paste etc., but I imagine few people
	take the trouble to buy/use it.)

	Please only use plain text on public lists.  Use of
	HTML or text/enriched causes its own accessibility
	problems.  The latter is not understood by many GUI
	tools that actually understand HTML.  (I can't recover
	the source to see how well it reads as plain text, but
	I suspect it is a bit better than typical HTML mail.)