Re: Accessibility barrier?

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

<snip>

> My approach would be to use the del element and a style sheet, and use the
> style sheet to hide the comments "The following text is struck out" and "end
> struck text" or something similar. (How do they think strike through text
> comes out on a phone browser anyway?)

I wanted to clarify my earlier post. I realized that the term "bill" is vague.
These are bills presented in the State Legislature as proposed statutes or
changes to existing statutes. As the bill changes in committee, the changes are
shown using strike through text.

I'll have to investigate the addition of comments within the text of the bill.
Bills have assigned line numbers that must not shift, so adding text could
possibly impact the linebreaks. There are revisor "rules" about what can and
cannot be done to the formatting of bills that are outside my control.

This issue will impact other states as well, so if anyone sees a good solution,
please feel free to share. Thanks for the comments so far.

This is a case of old world meets brave new world head on...

--
Regards,

MELINDA MORRIS-BLACK
Information Architect