RE: Radio buttons id's and labels

The theoretical answer from HTML 4 is that the "Choice of role" is the
LEGEND of a FIELDSET enclosing the set of radio buttons.

What I don't fully know is how that plays in current browsers and assistive
technology.

For more information you could start at

 http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/forms/legend.html

Al