RE: Radio buttons id's and labels

Dear Nancy,
I was hoping someone more technical than I would volunteer, but here's my
best guess...

(1)  I too tend to use select form -- it's easier to navigate w/ a screen
reader.  It also eliminates the particular problem you are having.

(2)  Yes, you want all your radio buttons to have the same NAME value (or it
doesn't work right), but there is no compelling reason why ID has to be
equivalent to NAME, so your example code could be:

 <label for="role">Choice of role</label>
 <input name="role" id="role1" value="Mentor only" type="radio">
	a Mentor only
 <input name="role" id="role2" value="Mentor or a Lead Mentor" type="radio">
	a Mentor or a lead Mentor

Haven't tried this, so I can't say for sure it works.  (The forms I have
done that use radio buttons I haven't bothered with ID values.)  ID is
something that (in theory only?) gets picked up by the screen reader or
other UA.  I am not sure if it can have spaces, or is even used in practice.
For example, "role value 1 of 2" might be a better choice.

Please let me know (on or off the list) if this works or not.
Cheers,
Bruce