RE: Seeking guidance...

Adding onfocus is the right approach for HTML4.

Replacing them in the language itself is the approach for the future (whch
will take some time to show up...)

keypresses should be added where you look for mouseclicks, and the future
approach is to have an activate event which can be triggered from any device.

Charles McCN