RE: Seeking guidance...

Yes.  I thought Jeffrey (and others following this) might benefit from a
simple concrete example.  Figuring out how onFocus/onBlur should work with a
screen reader is a more difficult problem!  From what I can tell, even if
you take access for the blind OUT of the problem equation, things are far
from straight forward.  Let us address the coding issues and THEN figure out
what is wrong with UA!

Perhaps I am confused (happens all the time) but judging from the example
Christopher Atkinson posted, MSIE implementation of onFocus is deeply
flawed -- with regard to mouse usage -- it is more of replacement for
onClick than onMouseOver.

Does IE 5 get it right or wrong?  (I will gladly go look this up on the UA
list if you give me a URL for a starter thread.)

If they got it right, and (in any case) as a matter of actual practice, this
means that onFocus must be ADDED to tags that use onMouseOver and CANNOT
merely REPLACE that element.  (So we are pushed away from device-independent
tags).

Do any of the more widely supported keyboard-oriented tags (onKeyPress,
onKeyDown, onKeyUp) simulate the onFocus/onBlur?  If I am going to have to
use two tags to do the same thing, I might as well use ones that validate!

Thanks very much.