From: Al Gilman [mailto:asgilman@iamdigex.net]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 6:37 PM
To: 'Web Accessibility Initiative'
Subject: Re: Off Topic -- Hard hyphen?

1. There is the whitespace=nowrap formatting property that in theory should
accomplish what you are after if you wrap the whole <span
class='my-nowrap'>hyphenated-expression</span> and then style this class or
ID with the property whitespace=nowrap.

2. Missing characters should go to the Unicode Consortium.  It would be
good to get in touch with the internationalization, XML InfoSet, and/or
math groups depending on just what the character is, to find out if there
are others in W3C that care about this character one way or another.

Al