NBA Tape Recording Manual (was RE: Practice ...)

Wendy recently posted a quick note about a FREE "(Volunteer) Tape Recording
Manual" by the National Braille Association.  I ordered mine the day she
made the post (thank you Wendy).  Call your local (or the national) library
for the blind and print handicapped.  The document was last copywritted in
1996 but it is not clear what was changed from the 1979 edition.

It is pretty good with lots of examples.  It is a little long (68 pages)
but more than half is reference material.  Everything in there is very
applicable to writing longdesc.  IMHO, it is a work that desperately needs
to be converted to HTML.

(FYI, the map example -- much simpler than the one I posted to this list --
goes on for more than half a page.)

[SMTP:smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV] wrote:
> > P.S. slightly off topic:
> > I've heard about a manual that is produced by either APH (American
Printing
> > House for the Blind) or LOC's NLS/BPH
> > Library of Congress National Library Service For the Blind and
Physicall