Re: Practice Describing Pictures, anyone game?

Bruce wrote:
> How academic an exercise do you want this be?  Most descriptions I have come
> across (which includes the CAM stuff) is very short and functional -- this
> include descriptive video.

Agreed in general. An exception might be at an art exhibition.
We recently had audio descriptions done professionally,
with mood music, artist background
material on top of fairly fine detail. That was really impressive for most
viewers.

Now, a static web page does not have real time
> constraints, but aren't most of your friends and colleagues (including those
> who happen to have vision impairments) interested in why YOU took a
> particular photo, who is in it, and what were your impressions at the time?
> Seems to me, only the photographer can answer these questions!

Nice addition. ?Similar to background about a painting? What made you
take this picture? Who was with you? Were you sightseeing etc.

Brings out the picture from being one of those family snaps that we
tend to bore the relatives with?

regards, DaveP