Re: Single Browser Intranets (was: Web Accessibility Myths)

At 01:55 PM 10/24/1999 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Although I agree that W3C is not a typical organisation in general, I think
>we make a good model for the question, and even more so for an educational
>than a traditionally corporate setting.

To be honest, Charles, I couldn't agree with you any less -- but
the topic of whether or not the W3C as an organization is a good
model is off topic, so I won't debate it any more.  I just think
that for the wide variety of reasons you state in your own message,
the W3C organization looks nothing like any of the thousands and
thousands of organizations and companies out there.  It's not
typical at all, and conclusions about intranets derived from W3C
experiences are rarely applicable to anything else.

The following two points that you raise, in addition to Ann's comment
about computer professionals, are enough to make it not typical:
 > 1. We are vendor-neutral.
 > 2. Interoperability is a stated goal.

Well, enough on this anyway.  If someone wants to argue this, please
write to me offlist.