[Fwd: [jobline] Need Web Consultant oxnard Ca.]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [jobline] Need Web Consultant oxnard Ca.
Date: 12 Oct 1999 03:45:38 -0000
From: 1TravelSavingsAlert@just4u.com
To: jobline@onelist.com

From: 1TravelSavingsAlert@just4u.com

submitted by David Lantrip () on Monday, October 11, 1999 at
21:06:02

companyname: Cartia
email: david@cartia.com
state: CA
city: Oxnard

Request: Cartia has developed a unique interface to large
collections of information. Our clients are primarily Fortune 1000
corporations. The browser-based interface can be used at
www.newsmaps.com and a more general description of our
company and product, called ThemeScape, can be found at
www.cartia.com.
Though Cartia HQ is in Bellevue, WA., I am a co-founder of the company
and
telecommute out of my home office in Oxnard.  I would like to move the
www.cartia.com and www.newsmaps.com sites' administration to Ventura
County to have more direct control of them.  I need help hosting and
maintaining
the sites and as well as preparing content for the Newsmaps site.
This is
the unusual and fun part, as the content gathering involves using our
client-server product and Perl scripting to harvest content from web
sources.  Call me to learn more about the specifics.

I am looking for a consultant near my Oxnard office.  I would like a
month
to month contract to start and anticipate the following tasks:

> Moving Cartia and Newsmaps sites locally
> Administration of sites, including changes and improvements
> Daily Newsmaps map updating using batch scripts (provided)
> Improvement of batch processing scripts for client use
> Authoring Perl scripts for content extraction from web and File System file sources.
> Providing technical support and training to clients on occasion to help them learn to create Perl scripts and successfully harvest content from their sources.
> Possible design and implimentation of a new web service that will provide online content via ThemeScape maps to paying clients.

phone: 425-985-0952

companyaddress: 2040 Langley Street

       Thinking about putting your business on the Web?
MindSpring Biz has helped over 100,000 businesses get their .com.
             Join MindSpring Biz and save $50!