  • From: Glenda Watson Hyatt <Glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:25:44 -0800
  • Subject: [webwatch] Colour blindness and web design
  • To: "webwatch" <webwatch@telelists.com>
In my capacity as Web Accessibility Auditor, a client has asked me to
prepare a 10-page report proposing a web design colour scheme readable
by people who are colour blind.  The report is to include:
· a section describing the 5 or 6 colour schemes for several home pages,
within a page layout to be provided by the client.  "Colour scheme"
includes the colours of the banner, navigation buttons, left sidebar
background, text and links.
· a section explaining how and why the standard was chosen.  This
rationale must be based on research, and derived from a method or an
authoritative, credible source.  The suitability of the colour schemes
for people who are colour blind must be based on more than subjective
opinion.

I have come up with five colour schemes and welcome your comments.  They
can be found at http://www.eaglecom.bc.ca/qp_project/colours.htm .  Any
other info is also welcomed.

Thanks kindly,
Glenda