RE: Pentium III-only sites coming

Intel themselves admit that for most users the true added benefit of the
PIII processor will be invisible due to current internet access limitations
(bandwidth). However, with the current trends in cable modem, DSL and other
high speed access capabilities, this will change quickly over the next year
with a much larger percentage of Internet users having the bandwidth
available to support real time streaming media.

In the mean-time this chip has a place in corporate America. Imagine you are
tasked to create a training application to be delivered across your
corporate network. This technology makes it much easier for you to produce a
full multimedia interactive application delivered to your new hires via the
corporate Intranet.

We shouldn't dismiss new technology just because we don't see the benefit
for ourselves. In another couple years when this is the low-end or obsolete
Intel offering we won't remember how we ever got by without it.

David