From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of William Loughborough
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 3:20 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: urls

There's been a lot of stuff about website accessibility for people with
learning disabilities.  The sites I've just visited don't seem to have
the characteristics we've been discussing but they are apparently *BY*
the people in question.  "People First" seems to be a key organization
*OF* LD folks.  Two URLs (with lots of links) will give a better feel
for what this is all about: http://www.peoplefirst.org.uk/ and
http://www.open.org/~people1/people1.htm

The main theme that comes through is that we should be listening to the
people who experience these disabilities and not be diverted by
counselers, etc. - just like with any other group.  Sort through these
links and get into their lists, email exchanges, etc.  Then we can get
them involved in our process to the mutual benefit of us all.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE