Re: wave file as alt tag?

At 09:45 AM 5/17/99 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:
>al, You are quite correct, but there is a new lexicon emerging and
>that is a lexicon of direct image to sound conversion.  It will allow
>for a limitless aray of application matching sounds with images never
>before heard.

Of course you are right.  The expanding possibilities are more important
that one arguable example.  I was impressed with the ability of first-time
users to grasp simple shapes from their vOICe sonification when we played
with this at CSUN.

I wonder if there aren't also exciting, world-expanding possibilities to be
explored for communication between people with different disabilities if a
lexicographer were to catalog the multimedia cliches that are widely
recognized today and hence already work as code because the cross-medium
associations are present and consistent for many people.

Al