Re: Selfish Reasons for Web Accessibility

In a message dated 5/8/99 8:14:03 PM, kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com writes:
>The problem I see is that there is no feedback, no objections to these
>articles and attitudes ***from the people who NEED accessible websites***.
<<Not sure I understand what you're looking for?

Well, what happens when you take this issue to the people -  PWD's?
How do they (outside this group) feel about it?
What will their reaction be when they find out they could have accessed a
website IF the designer had followed a few simple rules of thumb - a few
basic rules of web design?

>Christmas Tree lights!
You've lost me. :)>>

When you say "Lawsuit" or "Government" those that oppose Accessible websites
bare their teeth, all the blood leaves their brain and really dumb words come
out of their mouths:
[http://truman.fac.org/forum/messagedetail.asp?msgID=16765] "....So, uhh...
do all Christmas Decoration designs have to change now 'cuz colour blind
people can't tell the difference between red and green?...."

"Accessibility is hard! Let's go shopping!"
I had one "webmaster" tell me PWD's should create their own Internet and if
PWD's want to shop on-line they should only browse websites for disAbled
people. O.K. - Here's a website for PWD's and it scares the heck out of me:
KALEIDOSCOPE
http://ktv-i.com/

I do what I can, yet what I do is pittifully little compared to what you've
already done and what you will achieve.
You and many others here are doing what no one else can.
It makes me very angry you have to take time out to defend what you're doing
to people who do not care.
It makes me angry that you are being attacked when you should be praised.
There are more of us than them, someone else is supposed to be challenging
these people and enforcing the ADA.
Where are they?
Kindest Regards,
-LK