Re: Usability testing

I'm replying publicly because this is an important issue which is facing
a lot of people, not just you. (You are just the 1% prepared to put their
hand up and ask...)

I would skip IE/Netscape, since designers worth 2c can tell you already
how things work there by reading the code. The first thing I would do is
validate the HTML and check with Bobby, but read the results and think
about it rather than simply believing what you're told.

For browsers I would look at Lynx, a screen reader (eg winvision, or
jaws) and a proper audio browser like pwWebSpeak. If you can, use WebTV
and a Macintosh version of things - this will generally show up the problems
much faster.

The key is to learn where the problems arise so you can cut back the
test/repair cycle. It is a great efficiency if you can solve the problems
by design rather than by repair.

Charles McCathieNevile