Re: lynx and SSL

I don't know about Amazon and CDNow, but I know that a number of sites do
it by using a Java applet (which convinces the cusotmer that they are
getting some secure wizardry - if you can't blind them with science...)
and some sites do it open. Actually I have no real fear of sending my
credit card number on an open email - there are far more serious security
risks around, like leaving an ink-on-paper signature with my credit card
details in a pub.

Charles