Please be sure to change the Subject Title (and a one "plug" for and HTML editor)

Just a quick note about listserv discussions -- please try to keep your
topic of discussion consistent with the subject header. For example, the
last few notes have been discussing editors for web pages, but the Subject
titles relate to the Washington Post article. Having said that, here are my
thoughts regarding an easy-to-use editor:

A great editor that supports the complete HTML 4.0 specification, is easy
to use and, at the same time, very extensible is UltraEdit
(www.ultraedit.com). I have been working with the vendor to support
internal accessibility macros to further enhance it's capabilties. You can
download an evaluation version off the web site. It's a menu based editor
with fantastic programming support (preconfigured for HTML, C/C++, VB, Java
and Perl). Support for XML is included as well.

UltraEdit's creator, Ian Mead, is committed to supporting accessibility
features in future versions. I have used it with a couple of screen readers
and found it pretty accessible.

Regards,

Mike

At 04:43 PM 11/18/98 +0000, Brian Kelly wrote:

>>I'm not knocking what you say, but what's freer than notepad?
>

>I agree that Notepad (or emacs or vi) is a cheap solution for producing
>simple accessible pages.  But if you want richer functional pages (and I'm
>not just talking about design here) you'll want more powerful editors.  For
>example, if you want your resource to be easily found, you'll want to use
>Dublin Core, and although it's not too difficult to add a few META tags by
>hands, you wouldn't want to do this with RDF.  In addition using an editor
>means you'll have to use a separate HTML validator.
>
>Brian Kelly
>>
>>--
>>Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
>>touching the internet
>>voice: 1-(301) 949-7599
>>poehlman@clark.net
>>ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
>>http://www.clark.net/pub/poehlman
>>Dynamic solutions Inc.
>>Best of service for your Small Business network Needs
>>Http://www.dnsolutions.com

Mike Paciello                     Email: <paciello@ma.ultranet.com>
WebABLE! Solutions          Tel: (603) 598-9544
131 D.W. Highway #618     Fax: (603) 598-2839
Nashua, NH 03060             WWW: <http:://www.webable.com>

"A creativity initiative is any proposal for action-inciting change that earns
at least one serious conversation with someone other than the originator’s
spouse, friend, or office mate…." – John Kao, Jamming