RE: context?

At 10:28 a.m. 11/16/98 -0500, Jamie Fox wrote:
>Someone else mentioned it already but I think that government rules tend to
>send up warning flags with many people.  Also, government interference will
>likely stifle innovation.  Can you imagine what would happen to the web if
>it were regulated by the US Congress?  HTML 4.0 would be the official
>standard for the next 48 years.

Would that be a bad thing?

The problem here is unequal access.  The solution is better web design
practices.  Unfortunately too many web designers are either ignorant
or lazy, and won't do it right by themselves -- and so some people are
suffering.  Thus the government is forced to take action, and require
these things that the web designers really should be doing themselves
in the first place without outside interference.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California