Re: Using Netscape Composer to produce clean code

Being one of those "untrained, non-techie people" who has depended on Composer
for quite some time, I can vouch for it's effectiveness. I've been learning HTML
on my own, and, as I learn, I've been weaning myself off of Composer, but it
really isn't all that bad. Yes, it has a number of bugs (spacing!), but, as a
recovering FrontPage user, I'll take the Composer bugs!! However, if you check
code written by Composer, it'll never pass one of the HTML checkers, like the one
one hosted by the W3C page. There are too many components that Composer throws in
that isn't standard HTML; i.e. the "NO SAVE" feature if you want to leave an
image on your page in it's original location. It'll pass Bobby and TOM, though.

I guess you just can't beat the real thing--coding the page yourself.
Thanks,
Kristine
http://ece.eng.wayne.edu/etl