RE: When to spell out IRS

This ideal, is indeed ideal. My synthesizers have their rules for
abbreviations and acronyms ("delaware facto standard" and "world wide web
dot c n n dot com" as some of my favorites), yet I haven't taken the time to
edit their dictionaries and I accept the results.

I would certainly prefer to have the authors (or their tools) make use of
the mark-up we already have defined (ABBR and ACRONYM), and allow the markup
aware browsers/accessibility aids (as well as synthesizers ... SABLE or
whatever) use this information to provide the user with meaningful
information.