Re: Linking to binary URLs

Hmmm. Fine idea, but I suspect that in practice it won't happen. Most
browsers use the .xyz extensions to determine type automagically anyway.
I don't know whether this is an officially standard practise, or just a
sensible one. But then I do know that it doesn't always work properly
(when I first installed explorer 4 it decided that Netscape, as the
default browser at the time, should handle .html files. Would setting
TYPE have fixed this?), so having explicit TYPE is useful.

Charles